Baptism is one of the Seven Sacraments of the Catholic Church; frequently called the “first sacrament” as it is the gateway to the rest of the sacraments.
Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as children of God; we become members of the mystical body of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: “Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word. (CCC: 1213)”
In the Western or Latin Church, baptism is usually conferred by an authorized minister by pouring water three times on the recipient’s head, while reciting the baptismal formula: “I baptize you in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” (cf. Matthew 28:19).
Frequently Asked Questions
Effective September 1, 2021 – Baptism Requirements:
- Fill in the Baptism Registration Form below (fillable form), print the form & bring to Parish Office.
- Gather required documents (Parental and Godparent Baptismal Certificates – copies are accepted) and bring to Parish Office.
- Registration fee: $100 (includes: The Children’s Rhyme Bible, Crucifix for the baby’s room, Rosary and much more)
- Contact the Parish Office to book an appointment (Tuesday – Friday 9 am – 3 pm)
- Attend the Baptism Preparation Class (one online Baptism class)
*Baptisms are celebrated on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month in the Chapel.
A donation to St. André Bessette Parish is welcome on the day of the Baptism. Donations received will be put toward the building of our Church.