You and your entire family, and of course your friends, are invited to join us on a Pilgrimage to Montreal and Quebec!
The Pilgrimage will be from
Monday, August 21, 2017 to Wednesday, August 23, 2017.
Departure from Maple at 7:00 a.m. (St. Cecilia CES)
Arrive in Montreal
Tour of three beautiful, historic Churches:
St. Joseph’s Oratory, Sacré-Coeur-de-Jésus, and Notre-Dame Basilica
Free Time & Dinner in Old Montreal
Overnight stay at Quality Hotel Midtown Montreal
Departure from Montreal
Tour of Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré Basilica, Quebec
Visit to Montmorency Falls
Guided tour of Quebec City
Dinner in Old Quebec City
Overnight stay at Super 8 Quebec City Hotel
Early Departure from Quebec City
Tour of The Basilica of Notre-Dame-du-Cap – Two Miracles were witnessed in this Church: the Miracle of the Ice Bridge and the Miracle of the Eyes
Return to Maple
Late Evening Arrival
Luxury Air-Conditioned Coach Bus
Cost: $475 per person (price based on double occupancy)
For more information and to reserve your spot, please call 289-553-1610 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We do hope you and all your family and friends can join us on this most exciting Pilgrimage!
A huge thank you to all those who have been so deeply engaged in the Call for Conscience Campaign, which began on February 6, 2017. Here is a brief update on some of the key activities that have taken place and ask you once again to provide your support in the days ahead.
We are grateful to the many doctors, nurses, clergy and other advocates that have helped coordinate presentations in churches or other venues over the past month. While it is difficult to track all the activity, we know that well over 10,000 letters have been shared with Members of Provincial Parliament. Many supporters have also called their MPP and/or arranged for a meeting with their elected member. These are extremely impactful and we urge you to continue this activity. Earlier this week, Cardinal Collins wrote directly to Premier Kathleen Wynne. He has also met with the Minister of Health and Attorney General on this issue. In total the coalition has visited with approximately 60 MPPs.
Status of Bill 84
Second reading debate of Bill 84 is currently underway in the Ontario Legislature. We anticipate that shortly, debate will wrap up, at which time, a standing committee will be formed, to receive submissions and feedback on the current Bill before the legislature. The Coalition for HealthCARE & Conscience, along with many of our members, will provide submissions and request to appear as witnesses for these committee hearings.
More than a dozen doctors and nurses have participated in a media training session to prepare to answer questions around this topic. We will now begin a more proactive approach in urging journalists to cover this important issue in the days ahead.
We must continue to let our Members of Provincial Parliament know that this is a critically important issue. Here are some tangible ways you can assist the coalition:
- Pray for the campaign, those who seek assisted suicide and for health care workers conflicted over this most difficult dilemma.
- Utilize information leaflets and template letters to MPPs in your church or place of worship. All these resources can be found at: www.archtoronto.org/euthanasia
- Visit www.canadiansforconscience.ca and share your email address to ensure you are in the loop on the latest activity.
- If you’ve already written to your MPP, consider a phone call to their constituency office to let them know how important the issue is to you – be sure to let them know you are a constituent.
- We ask you to help spread the word by sharing the resources available at: http://bit.ly/callforconscience or www.archtoronto.org/euthanasia – please note we now have French and Chinese resources available on this site.
- View and share the 3 minute coalition video below.
Thank you for your ongoing support of this initiative. Your efforts continue to fuel all those who are working diligently to protect conscience rights in the Province of Ontario.